Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP performance tuning (NetApp)

2009-04-07 08:51:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP performance tuning (NetApp)
From: jserra <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:00:47 -0400
After reading this post I feel a bit better or at least, less alone.

I'm finishing a V6080 install and the customer is using NDMP to backup it's
data, via network to netbackup media servers (6.5.3) which run several LTO IV .

I'm also facing some kind of bottleneck at around 120MB/sec. I've tried
different scenarios:

A 2 Gigabit trunk (two network interfaces) via a CISCO switch attached to 2
media servers which have 10gbit cards.

Different networks for each of the network interfaces then routed to the media
server's network.

Both scenarios were submitted to more than two ndmp sessions and
still..120MB/sec