Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape Destruction

2009-04-06 14:04:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape Destruction
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, "Heathe Kyle Yeakley" <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:01:03 -0400
/agree with Ed

Also, you might want to consider local destruction instead of shipping things off to "professionally certified" blah blah blah... data destruction houses.  We had a pallet ready to ship to some place that would certify the destruction etc for about $5000 and we found a local shop that picked up and shredded the media for about $350.  Further I got to "certify" the destruction with my own eyes.  I can't believe the premium paid for a piece of paper that says your data got destroyed.  At the end of the day that's a very expensive piece of paper that most places are probably not legally required to have.

-Jonathan