Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Updating Client(s) (Maintainance Pack) through CLI

2009-04-06 09:42:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Updating Client(s) (Maintainance Pack) through CLI
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:38:47 -0400
Good Morning,

In general you should be able to update clients.

But not for windows.

For many clusters you can use it but can not just change everything in a one
pass mass change.
For clusters you may have do one client in the cluster, fail over then do
another node of the cluster and so forth.

The ./update_clients file on *nix is a script file so you can use source tools
to view the script and the comments within that offer more options then doing
everything in one pass.

Also if you have database agents they will require the   update_dbclients
script to be run after the client code is upgraded to upgrade the data base
client code.

len