Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] License Keys

2009-04-02 11:42:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] License Keys
From: Heathe Kyle Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 10:39:27 -0500
I have taken over our Netbackup operations from an administrator that no
longer works here. We are in the process of renewing all of our licenses
for the next few years and I have a folder with dozens of official
Symantec certificates with the current product keys on them. When they
expire:

What do I do with them?
Is there any reason to hang on to them for future use? (Government
regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley, IT compliance, Security best practice, etc...)

My first thought is to just shred them and keep a text files of the keys
themselves on a thumb drive in the event I ever need them for some
reason. What do you all do with expired license keys?

Thank you all for your time.

- Heathe Kyle Yeakley