Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting from disk storage groups

2009-04-01 21:44:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting from disk storage groups
From: "Scott Jacobson" <SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com>
To: "Devon C Peters" <Peters.Devon AT con-way DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:41:16 -0600
Devon,

In 6.5.1+, you can use and define a storage unit group as the source - then within the Duplication Tab, selecting Advanced configuration, you'll need to define each storage unit source with unique read/write drive configuration and volume pool information.  If the destination media sever(s) are local (LAN), no problem.  If not local, this is when SSO and remote media/disk storage unit configuration options can possibly help with your issue.

Scott

>>> "Peters, Devon C" <Peters.Devon AT con-way DOT com> 4/1/2009 5:55 PM >>>
You can't use storage unit groups as the source, and I don't think Vault will let you use a storage unit group as a duplication destination - you wouldn't want that anyway since the duplications would probably end up going over the network.

You'll want to setup the vault profile to choose all the backup images you want to duplicate (however you decide to choose them).  Then in the duplication tab use the "advanced configuration" and add an entry for each media server - just be sure that the destination for each server is a storage unit on that same media server.

-devon