Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vaulting from disk storage groups

2009-03-28 20:10:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting from disk storage groups
From: jketter <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:06:51 -0400
Hi Guys,

Can someone please explain the best way to vault from disk storage units?

I have got a 5 media servers enabled with the advanced disk option, all with
local disk, contained within a storage unit group.

I have also got the media servers connect to multiple tape drives with SSO.

The backup images will be spread over all storage units.

My question is about vaulting from the disk storage unit to tape.

When configuring the vault profile to vault to tape, should I point the source
at the disk storage unit (as you cant point directly to Storage unit group),
and the destination to the tape storage group?

Or, point the vault to all storage units, and destination to individual tape
drives connected to the media servers?

I am running 6.5.3.

Any help appreciated

Jai