Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Client Install

2009-03-27 11:34:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Client Install
From: "McDonald II, James F." <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:31:40 -0400

I am having a heck of a time getting the Linux Client to install.  I downloaded NetBackup_6.5_LinuxRedhat2.6.tar.gz and ran the install script.  It was going along fine and then it stopped and said the VRTSpbx package was missing and that it could be found in the ICS directory on CD2.  It requested that I put that disc in and provide the full address to the installics location.  We do not have physical CD’s, so I went and downloaded NetBackup_6.5_ICS_LinuxX86.tar.gzI uncompressed that directory and typed in the full address to that file.  I have two questions: 1) Why does it say that I am installing NetBackup and Media Manager, when I run the install script from NetBackup_6.5_LinuxRedhat2.6.tar?  I only need the Client to be installed, but everyone has told me that is the correct .tar file. 2) When I type in the path to the installics file that it’s requesting, it does not accept it.  It just asks me for the path again or ‘q’ to quit and abort the install.  Did I download the correct ICS directory (NetBackup_6.5_ICS_LinuxX86.tar.gz)?

I’ve been asking a ton of questions the last few days, so I appreciate the information and patience from the people who have been offering help.