Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VCB backups

2009-03-06 13:08:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VCB backups
From: "Leidy, Jason D" <Leidy.Jason AT con-way DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:46:18 -0800
Not sure if this is a netbackup issue or a VMWare issue, or something in between. We recently implemented VCB backups for our Windows clients, I am noticing that when I go to add some virtual machines (not all) to a policy using the "browse virtual machines" feature they show up with just the Windows short name or they don't show up at all…..the backups fail in both cases (host not found). I am trying to figure out if the issue is with Virtual Center, the VCB Proxy, etc.…..what I should see when I use the browse virtual machines feature is servername.FQDN (that is what I see on many of the others). If you drop a netbackup client on the virtual machines and back them up the old school way then everything is fine (but I really want to use VCB for the VMs).

We are using Netbackup 6.5.3 and ESX 3.5

Jason