Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 Release Update 3 Hotfix 1 (6.5.3.1)

2009-02-23 13:22:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 Release Update 3 Hotfix 1 (6.5.3.1)
From: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: "'Michitsch, John'" <JMICHITS AT gannett DOT com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:55:27 -0500
Wow.

Can you get some solid metrics on the speed drop?

Is it only Exchange clients that are affected?

Are these clients, SAN clients, SAN media servers, etc?

Have you opened a case with Symantec over the issue yet?

(Yes: I'd recommend updating the client software. As I believe I mentioned on list, the security vulnerability, part of what 6.5.3.1 corrects, affects all members of your NetBackup system, including clients.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Senior Systems Engineer