Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL issue

2009-02-20 14:03:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL issue
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:39:06 -0500
To clarify - I am running 6.5.2A on unix master and media servers, with MSSQL
on a 6.5.2 windows server.

Update from my DBA - these are transaction log backups, and he added a new
database - since the TL will fail if there is not a backup, that is what caused
the issue. Why would NetBackup not see this? He claims his SQL scripts ran
through and finished, but the parent jobs never acknowledged this.

I have received a recommendation to get a patch for the bpbrm, but that was
based on 5.1 mp6. Shouldn't 6.5.2A have any patches from 5.1?

NetBackup support response is that this is not their problem. Any ideas?

David McMullin