Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows Mount points & ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

2009-02-04 10:10:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows Mount points & ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
From: "Marianne Van Den Berg" <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:45:18 +0200

Hi All

We have the following scenario:

3  local volumes on Windows 2003 server:

C:\

D:\

D:\data

Policy is configured to backup ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.

C and D are getting backed up, not D:\data.

Admin Guide says NOT to use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and Cross Mount Points together.

How is everyone else backing up Windows mount points?

I’m sure it will work if we explicitly specify them all in the file list, but we do not want to run the risk of missing data if a Sysadmin adds another mount point.

NetBackup 6.5.2a.

Regards

Marianne