Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is anyone using a HP MSL 8096 tape library?

2009-01-26 19:54:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is anyone using a HP MSL 8096 tape library?
From: sql_noob <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:41:51 -0500
we'll see what happens

if we lock in 8 years of support then the TS 3310 is pretty much the same price
as the HP robot. At 3 years, HP is cheaper.

i've read a lot of good things about IBM and Sun but not too much about HP tape
robots and was wondering if anyone used it. waiting for pricing to come back on
a SL500 and Sun's quarterly financials come out tommorow after the market close.