Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How much change can Netbackup take - Recovery

2009-01-23 11:35:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How much change can Netbackup take - Recovery
From: "Kennedy, Cameron" <Cameron.Kennedy AT bovislendlease DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:13:07 -0500

In testing how we could migrate off of AIX, I was able to migrate to Linux using the standard DR recovery methods.

My Linux server was considerably different. It was a 32bit Intel RHEL OS, different network setup entirely, different server name, though, I had a host file alias of the original name pointing to the new name. I didn’t have a tape library – only a standalone. My disk configuration and symlinks I made the same as the original and then I just ran a through the standard catalog recovery process using the GUI. It all worked very well. Naturally I installed the same version of NetBackup and patch levels.