Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Microsoft Exchange Snapshot Backups - Breaking up by Storage Group and running multiple

2009-01-22 16:18:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Microsoft Exchange Snapshot Backups - Breaking up by Storage Group and running multiple
From: "Scheef Jr, Ed E." <CXScheef AT tecoenergy DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:04:15 -0500

Folks,

  We have been having multiple issues trying to back up our entire 15 Storage Group

  Exchange Information Store, so thus this question:

     We know the snapshot backups can be done at individual Storage Group levels. We've

     tried one Storage Group at a time with some success, but is anyone doing any of the following:

 1) Backing up Exchange via Snapshot backups broken down into say three or four Storage Groups per

      backup ??? , and if so ….

2)  Can snapshots backing up three of four storage groups be run concurrently, or must they

       be single-threaded, running just one snapshot job at a time ??

Currently, we have less than 2TB in our Exchange Information Store to back up so it is not as

huge as some companies have, but it is young and is growing.

Insights into how other folks are doing snapshots for Exchange would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed Scheef

TECO Energy, Inc./Tampa Electric Company