Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.1 restores miss files

2009-01-19 16:00:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.1 restores miss files
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: Mark Glazerman <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>, "Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:47:28 -0500

Hello Mark,

I have a few questions about your report.

-          When you say that all your backup data resides on 2 Data Domain storage devices, I assume you mean just the backup media , tape or disk pool, and not the disk unit holding the restored data?

-          Did Netbackup report a failure to restore files? If so what reason was it reporting.

-          You talk about finding that missing files were found after the servers were turned over to your DBA’s. Do you mean missing files showed up without doing a restore? If so what file systems were you using? Windows 2003 ntfs, solaris zfs, Linux ext3? Local disk or remote?

-          So are you talking about a failure of Netbackup or server/filesystems or both?

A very interesting problem.

Thanks len