Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SuSE 10sp2

2009-01-06 17:33:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SuSE 10sp2
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 17:21:28 -0500

Interesting.

The following thread says in part:

On further investigation, this stupidity is specific to SuSE and Gentoo
which have patched glibc to support mdns. Debian has an nss-mdns which
is the sane way to implement this functionality.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/exim/users/73194

I didn’t find mdns even mentioned in host.conf man page for RHEL5.