Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 recognized as DLT

2008-12-23 11:12:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 recognized as DLT
From: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: "'roed212 AT yahoo DOT com'" <roed212 AT yahoo DOT com>, "'A Darren Dunham'" <ddunham AT taos DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:56:09 -0500
Roed, as you've been told several times, the media is being detected as DLT in
your SL500 environment because you have a barcode rule (or the lack of one and
a default set to DLT) in that environment that is telling NetBackup to do that.
You need to add or modify a barcode rule that tells NetBackup to do the right
thing with your barcodes. Since you haven't told us what barcodes are on your
LTO-4 media (which will be six digits plus an L4, unless you've configured your
library not to pass those final two digits through, and I don't recall whether
you can configure an SL500 that way), nor what extant barcode rules you have,
we can't be more specific than that. You should consult the appropriate system
administrator's guide for your OS, volume 1, which you can find at
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290282.htm, for details on how to
configure barcode rules: I won't go into it here because it's a basic NetBackup
administration skill.

If you are getting barcodes passed through to NetBackup with an L4 hanging of
the end, then you will need a MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS setting in vm.conf, for
more detail on which see http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/236271.htm.

Hope this helps...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Senior Systems Engineer