Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NOM 6.5.

2008-12-19 15:11:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NOM 6.5.
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:39:00 -0500
I started to see problems with the Master server not allowing connections to
the EMM database shortly after setting up NOM.  Apparently the EMM database has
a limit on the number of connections it will allow, and with NOM and a half
dozen Java Admin Consoles running, we started to see problems. Fortunately
shutting down a few Admin Consoles fixes the problem.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to force NOM to use a VIP/network
interface that is different from the server name as we lease replace our
servers every few years, and we want the NOM serer name to remain the same
between replacements.