Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5 linux client software help

2008-12-17 10:56:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5 linux client software help
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:30:05 -0500

Dave

We back up unix clients with Windows master and media servers.  To my knowledge, there is no way to push a unix client from a windows master.
What I had to do was load the base 6.5 install from the CD, and download all the updates from Symantec. When we install a new client, I install
the base 6.5 client, and add the updates one at a time.   From what I know you will need to get a copy of the 6.5 initial release CD.  I was able to
get that from Symantec when we found that our original CD has missing  files, the engineer gave me a link to download from
 ize is about 375 Meg.  I have all the files on a Solaris server that I NFS mount and run the scripts from there.  There are all UNIX clients
on the CD.

You may get other opinions. But this works for us.

Carl
----------------------------------
Carl Stehman
Distributed Services
Pepcoholdings, Inc.
701 Ninth St NW
Washington DC 20068
202-331-6619
------------------------------------

Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

12/17/2008 08:09 AM
Please respond to
dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net

"veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] 6.5 linux client software help

Guys i'm being put under pressure by management to assist in a system,
i've had nothing to do with design and build, to get a linux redhat
client installed for NBU 6.5

As far as i can ascertain the master/media is a windows server. I'm a
solaris engineer and know if the master were unix i could simply push
the correct client software out to the linux client. With windows i
assume this is not possible??

Which brings me to where to i get the linux 6.5 client software from? I
don't have the media.

On the symantec site i see various patches for 6.5.1 CLT containing all
the client binaries, but this is normally installed on the unix server
isn't it? Can this just be installed on a linux client as is with no
previous version on it?

Any pointers would be appreciated

Dave

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI"). This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such communications.