Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading from Netbackup 6.0 32 bit to 6.5 64 bit

2008-12-16 10:11:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading from Netbackup 6.0 32 bit to 6.5 64 bit
From: "Cabrera, Dario" <dcabrera AT hasbro DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:57:16 -0500

We are currently trying to upgrade our Netbackup 6.0 32 bit server to Netbackup 6.5 64 bit. Our plan was to backup the catalog on the 6.0 server and shut it down. We would then bring up the new 64 bit server (with Netbackup 6.5 installed) with the same name and ip address as the original server. At this point we restore the catalog from the old server to the new server. The restore finishes but we now get EMM 334 errors along with “Cannot connect on socket” errors and cannot access the database. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Dario Cabrera