Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault question

2008-12-09 19:52:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault question
From: "York, Bill, DoIT" <Bill.York AT state.nm DOT us>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 17:36:32 -0700
Hi,

Environment
Running NBU 5.1 MP6. Windows master, 1 Windows and 2 Solaris media
servers. Using a Sun VTL+ for primary backup and then vault to physical
tape. I have separate vaults for each media server. I use different
profiles for different retention periods for the physical tape. The VTL
drives are in a separate storage unit from the physical drives.

Question
When I dupe images, does it matter which storage unit I select in the
profile? Should I use the SU that the primary image resides on?

Please let me know if this is not enough info to answer my question.

Thanks,

-------------------------------------
Bill York
Enterprise Storage Systems Supervisor
State of NM - Dept. of IT
505-827-2716
505-660-3024

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of
Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned
by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.