Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1Mp4 with Mcafee 8.5 or 8.0 - windows 2k3 freeze the windows server

2008-12-05 13:54:50
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1Mp4 with Mcafee 8.5 or 8.0 - windows 2k3 freeze the windows server
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <Suresh_Natarajan AT toyota DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:35:35 -0500

I'm running several Master / Media with NBU 5.1 - 6.5.3 and McAfee 8.0 without issue.  I haven't gotten around to upgrading to 8.5 yet, but when we first installed we went into EPO an disabled the on access scan for the Netbackup Application, DSU and DSSU volumes.  Try turning off the on-access scan and see if that resolves your issue.  Its caused us plenty of grief here on a variety of servers.

-Jonathan