Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows media server OFFLINE - RESOLVED

2008-12-05 13:38:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows media server OFFLINE - RESOLVED
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:23:30 -0500

OK despite the fact that communication between the media server and the master (and vice versa) worked with ping, telnet to bpcd port etc… all indications from both sides indicated complaints about EMM.   However, tpconfig –d and vmdareq –a suggested by troubleshooting guide were both run on master with no issue and all commands worked to our other media servers which were all HP-UX.

In troubleshooting we saw the Java GUI hang when trying to get into media server view even if we chose a different media server from list.   The vendor, Datalink, suggested this indicated an issue on the master and suggested a reboot as none of our testing had shown any clear indication as to the issue.

The reboot of the master did in fact resolve the problem even though it isn’t clear why it did.