Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Best exclude list for Windows, solaris, linux ?

2008-12-05 09:23:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Best exclude list for Windows, solaris, linux ?
From: "Servet Ince" <servet.ince AT gantek DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:11:50 +0200
Hi,

I've been trying to exclude something (.jpeg, .avi) on the windows
client, but It doesn't work, I don't know why!

If I give Full path including the file name, at that time it works.
Otherwise, like if I write '*.jpg'; it doesn't work:(

By the way; You should add more paths. There are 3 ways to do it;

1.) On the Client Properties from Master GUI. There is 'Exclude List'
under the Windows Client option.

2.) There is 'Client Properties' on Backup, Archive and Restore GUI at
Client site. There should be 'Exclude List'. You can add the path to
there.

3.) You can create a file under
'\InstallPath\ProgramFiles\Veritas\Netbackup' and name it as
'exclude_list' then put the path in it.

FYI.

Servet