Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.3 on the FTP site

2008-12-02 16:57:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.3 on the FTP site
From: "Bill Coleman" <bill_coleman AT symantec DOT com>
To: "Preston, Doug" <dpreston AT landam DOT com>, "Tim Hoke" <thoke AT northpeak DOT org>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:42:10 -0700
6.5.3 is now released!  The patch containers are available now on the
support website referenced.  You should only need a subset of the
containers posted and then push an update to all the clients.  If you
are not running 6.5, you will need to push 6.5GA and then 6.5.3 to the
clients.

Only for new major releases are new images placed on FileConnect and a
new set of DVDs are generated.  6.5.3 is an update to 6.5GA and only
replaces the binaries that have changed since the major release.