Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VMWare ESX and VMWare ESXi Backups

2008-11-30 23:01:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VMWare ESX and VMWare ESXi Backups
From: Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:48:11 +0800
Dear All,

   We are going to implement backup's for  VMWare ESX and VMWare ESXi. As
of now we have only experience on Solaris/Linux backup only.

Please help to share your experience in.

1. Implementation
2. Day to day task
3. backup and re-store procedure
4. Trouble shooting and more..........

We are on

Veritas Netbackup
Ver 6.5.2
OS = Linux Ver 6 update 6
Tape = LTO-2 with 3 Tape Drives
Storage = EMC Storage
Staging backup (may be EMC SATA2 disk)

With Warm Regards
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Harpreet Singh Chana

Phone  :   (O) 6895 - 4326
Fax       :    (O) 6895 - 4991

Notice
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient,  any disclosure,  copying or distribution of the message,  or
any action taken by you in reliance on it,  is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this message in error,  please delete it
and contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.