Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] mailbox backup failing

2008-11-28 15:36:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] mailbox backup failing
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:26:41 -0500
> I am getting a failure on exchange mailbox backups stating
> "invalid filelist specified"
> I have used the exchange directive of "Microsoft Exchane Mailboxes"
> I have also tried using "Microsoft Exchane Mailboxes:\A*"
> I have created the required mailbox accounnt with admin priveleges
> and entered it into the exchange client properties.
> The IS backup is successful.
> I am using netbackup 6.5 and exchange 2007. Is this a know issue by
any chance

NetBackup 6.5, or 6.5.1 or higher?

>>From the Veritas NetBackup for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's
Guide:

  Exchange 2007 support
  At the time of release of NetBackup 6.5 for Microsoft Exchange,
  some documented capabilities are not yet available:

  Instant Recovery for Exchange Server

  Mailbox Backup for Exchange 2007

  Snapshot Backup for Exchange 2007

  These capabilities are planned for availability in the next release
  update, or NetBackup 6.5.1.

Is the platform w2k8?  Do you have the MAPI client?  Have you reviewed
the 6.5.2 documentation update manual's Exchange section?  Did you have
mailbox backups working with an earlier Exchange version (it isn't easy
to setup)?  Are you using the Exchange 2007 directive set (I don't know
if it has changed)?