Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] AIX and persistent binding

2008-11-26 17:39:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] AIX and persistent binding
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:25:03 -0500
> Is it true you cannot autoconfig new drives when the box is on AIX
> because it can't do persistent binding?

No, that is not true.  I have used tpautoconf -a on AIX systems (5.3 or
earlier), and I believe that is what the GUI's device discovery uses
behind the scenes.

The trick, IMO, is getting ovpass installed, all the devices created by
the OS and finding the robot control entry amidst a lot of fibre drives.
I've had maybe half a dozen AIX clients and servers since AIX 3.2 and
barely remember AIX, but Veritas support does.  Once we've reached the
point where all the devs are correct, tpautoconf has worked fine.