Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving to new master

2008-11-25 19:17:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving to new master
From: venkatesh111 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:16:08 -0500
Hi All,

we are planing to move our netbackup master server to newely built Windows 2003
box

old master windows - 2000

veritas version : 5.0MP3

last time we tried this and when trying to configure storage devices none of
the tape drives were detected for master (all the drives are visible from OS
level)and it throwed an error,

"could not get device configaration, cannot configure devices, see
troubleshoting guide for details (44) "

 "device discovery failed on host <Master-server>"

tpautoconf -a gives "Fatal Global Database consistancy error"

any idea what is going wrong here any tech note that i can refer in this
situation ?