Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is it feasible to run NOM in a VMware virtual machine

2008-11-24 23:33:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is it feasible to run NOM in a VMware virtual machine
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "JAJA (Jamie Jamison)" <jamisonj AT zgi DOT com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:20:02 -0600
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:40 PM, JAJA (Jamie Jamison) <jamisonj AT zgi DOT com> wrote:
By "feasible" I don't mean "can you do it" I mean "can you do it in such a way so that performance is reasonable". The system that I'm running NOM on is going away so I need to find a new home for it and running it on a VM would be a nice and easy replacement.

Read the NOM planning guide - it gives you recommendations for how much CPU and memory you need depending on the size of your environment.  Then bounce that off your VMware admins and see if they'll give that much to you.  If not, then it won't be feasible for you :-)

   .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org