Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Shared drive problem

2008-11-13 10:39:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Shared drive problem
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <gary.b.matthews AT logica DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:23:48 -0600

Has the same issue recently

6.5.2a on aix master and aix media. Plus 2 windows San Media

I had to reboot both the master and the media server, once up I bounced netbackup on the master again.  And then it worked.

They think the issue for me was because I had my disk drives and my tape drives on the same FC adapter ( IBM does not support this and is recommended)

I am working on changing that… but right now I don’t have the issue. (even though they are still both on the same adapter)