Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Recovery by Copy 2 media (Secondary)

2008-11-12 10:00:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Recovery by Copy 2 media (Secondary)
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: "'Servet Ince'" <servet.ince AT gantek DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, "'Turhan Sensoy'" <turhan.sensoy AT gantek DOT com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:53:18 +0200
You can use this:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/287293
If you are in 6.5.2 and up

stefanos

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Servet
Ince
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 11:07 PM
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu; Turhan Sensoy

Hi All,

I've prepared a test environment. I got 2 copies of catalog backup by
'Multiple Copies' option on the Schedule.

Now, I got 2 copies. One of them is primary (Copy1) and the other one is
secondary (Copy2), ok.

I've installed new master server and I'd like to recover my catalog
backup to it.

When I try the Catalog Recovery by Copy 1 (Primary), everything is OK,
it restores successfully as I want.

But when I try it by Cop2 (Secondary), It requests Copy1 Media! If I wan
I can change status of media.

But what I exact want is Recovering Catalog by Copy 2. Is there any way?

If you have comment let me know please.

Many Thanks.

Servet