Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NOM 6.5.2 and off-line master server

2008-11-12 09:45:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NOM 6.5.2 and off-line master server
From: mkgunderson AT mmm DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:32:32 -0600

Ed,

I'm not sure the issue is latency between the master in India and the NOM server here.  I also have NOM server (6.5.2) running and for whatever reason, I will see that my two masters running at 6.5.2a will at times go into partially on-line and stay there.  I usually have to cycle it off-line and then bring it backup on-line to clear the partially on-line condition.  I also have the 6.5.2 binaries on the NOM server, but that hasn't solved the issue for me either.

Mike

----- Message from "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org> on Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:24:33 -0600 -----
To:
"VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Subject:
[Veritas-bu] NOM 6.5.2 and offline master server

I've got 2 master servers configured in NOM.  One master is at 6.5.2 (as is NOM) and is working fine.  However, the other master - in India - is at 6.5.1 and initially comes up online, then partially online, then goes offline.  Are there any logs to tell me WHY it's going offline?  Is it because of the latency between the NOM server and the master?  Backups at the other master are working fine and Aptare StorageConsole isn't have any grief with it.

Where can I go to look to see why NOM doesn't like it?

Thanks,
   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE

ewilts AT ewilts DOT org