Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Encrypting offsite tapes

2008-11-11 22:55:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Encrypting offsite tapes
From: oersted <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:44:56 -0500
some people don't have to/want to encrypt everything (that's the point), and
you can send a backup through the Decru in the clear(i.e. you can trigger
crypto from NBU pool number)....if you restore from clear backups performance
is degraded. Confirmed issue, but a non-issue for most people. It can also be
architected away......