Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Encrypting offsite tapes

2008-11-11 12:47:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Encrypting offsite tapes
From: Rongsheng Fang <unixlifebox AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:32:59 -0500
Hi,

We duplicate backup images from disks/tapes to tapes weekly using
NetBackup vault and send the tapes offsite. We have a new requirement
for encrypting all the tapes going offsite. I understand that
NetBackup can do the encryption while the backup is being done. My
question is: is it possible to encrypt the images during the vault
process (or the duplication process of the vault)? How do you
implement the encryption in your backup environments?

Our environment: NetBackup Enterprise 6.0MP4 on Solaris 10

Thanks,

Rongsheng