Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Throughput of data domain with Netbackup

2008-11-10 11:03:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Throughput of data domain with Netbackup
From: ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:00:16 +0530

That is good speed you are getting 80-100 MB per second. Amazing. I think there is some problem with my setup. Can the speed of slot to which NIC card is attached in media server also affect the throughput. My NIC is attached to 33Mhz slot. I think moving it to 66 Mhz can help.

Any suggestions, guys.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratheesh R Das
M I N D S P E E D Technologies
Storage and Backup | 949-579-5000
ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com

Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>

11/10/2008 07:49 PM

ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com
cc
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a data domain DD565 connected a solaris master server 6.5.1 with a
> direct cross cable on 1Gbps port. The max total throughput we are getting
> is around 45-50 MB/sec. Can any one share the throughput they are getting
> with Data domain. I suspect that this is not what we should get.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Ratheesh R Das
> M I N D S P E E D Technologies
> Storage and Backup | 949-579-5000
> ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com

Similar setup here with a DD4xx (older model) with 6.x, using it as a disk
storage unit connected <-> via NFS <-> to media server <-> master server.
Speed for backup is typically gigabit speed as long as the clients can
drive it, same for restore, 80-110MiB/s.

Justin.