Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NOM 6.5.

2008-11-09 18:09:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NOM 6.5.
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Andrew White" <adwhite AT inchix DOT net>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 16:57:30 -0600
On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Andrew White <adwhite AT inchix DOT net> wrote:

I'm just wondering what are peoples thoughts on NOM 6.5?  In what capacity are you using NOM (reporting and/or alerting (snmp/email)) and has anyone got it configured in a cluster?

After the Customer Forum in Roseville at the end of October, Erica convinced me to put it up.  Although I generally like NOM, we haven't had much success with it and the we've got an open case where it seems to contribute to tipping over our master server (and yes, it's a separate server).  Right now, we've got NOM turned off.

YMMV, obviously.
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org