Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup training setup

2008-11-07 16:40:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup training setup
From: bantoi <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 06:11:33 -0500
Hello,

I've got a couple of Ultra 60 sparcs and was thinking of purchasing something
like:

Sun StorEdge L280 Tape Drive DLT7000

or

Sun StorEdge L1000 DLT Tape Library w/ 2 Drives
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/validateUser.do?target=Systems/L1000/L1000

from Ebay obviously.

Software I would use would be Netbackup 6.5.2.

Would such a setup be usable, strictly for personal training purposes ? Just to
get more familiar with running the Netbackup's command line
commands/tools/daemons.

Any advice about this would be greatly appreciated.

Once I get this set up, I would do a write up about it, to share my experience.

Thanks