Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] What are your thoughts on filesystem monitoring?

2008-11-06 17:34:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] What are your thoughts on filesystem monitoring?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Haskins, Steve" <Steve.Haskins AT bannerhealth DOT com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:19:34 -0600
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Haskins, Steve <Steve.Haskins AT bannerhealth DOT com> wrote:

I concur with Ed. By default I don't exclude anything as I don't control the applications and changes made to them and have found that covering my back is most important. The issue does arise, as Ed mentioned, when they add new drives in a cluster but I think that the new 6.5 client addresses that issue with a Netbackup cluster resource.

I haven't heard anything about this cluster resource in the 6.5 client.  Do you have any details?  Somebody asked about cluster support during the Wizards session at the NetBackup Customer Forum here a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I remember the answer being something like "we just finished or are just finishing coding the solution".  That's quite a bit different from shipping in 6.5

Thanks,
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org