Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Recovery in 6.0

2008-11-05 09:02:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Recovery in 6.0
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 07:50:53 -0600

I ran a backup of my catalog on my old Master and saved it to the E: drive.  Now I’m trying to recover the catalog on the new Master (same name) but it was taking too long to copy the catalog backup over to the new server.  I ran the backup to disk on the old server.  When I start the recovery, NetBackup finds the DR file but when the recovery starts, I get an error 83.  I’m about to call Symantec but I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem.  Does NetBackup think the catalog backup is stored locally on the new server on Drive E:?  Is it possible to restore from a mapped drive in Windows?  I’ve been up for the past 5 hours working on this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Randy