Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO overhead question

2008-10-20 13:55:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO overhead question
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
To: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 04:16:56 +1100
As far as I understand it, SSO is licensed per drive. So if you only
have 2 SSO licenses, you should only be sharing 2 of your drives. But
you can share those 2 drives to as many Media Servers as you please.

Licensing issues aside, SSO seems to be relatively solid in 6.5.x, as
compared to prior releases. I think there's a lot less chatter between
the media servers trying to work out who is doing what with which
drive. I don't see any reason not to enable all of your media servers
to use all of your drives, assuming they have connectivity to them.

We have about 25 drives shared between about 15 media servers, (HPUX,
Solaris, Linux, Win). All media servers can see all drives.

- Dean