Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 Media Type

2008-10-16 12:36:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 Media Type
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:15:28 +0000
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:54:01AM -0400, rvadde wrote:

> We currently have a lot of investment in LTO3 Drives and Tapes and
> moving forward with LTO4. Is there a way we can se LTO4 Media Type to
> be different than HCART3 in Netbackup?

You can.  But if you change all your drives at once, you probably don't
want to.  That way they can read (and write) to your older tapes.

If you're going to be mixing drives in your robot, then you'll have to
assign a new density to them so that LTO4 tapes aren't inserted into the
older drives.

--
Darren