Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup on HP-UX 64-bit on Itanium

2008-10-14 10:06:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup on HP-UX 64-bit on Itanium
From: <markjessup AT northwesternmutual DOT com>
To: <jlightner AT water DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 08:46:08 -0500
Thanks Jeff for the clarification.

Yes, PA-RISC as an OS is 64-bit and has been there for awhile, it is NB
that runs as a 32-bit app on PA-RISC which is our issue.  So hitting the
memory limits of a 32-bit app has been problematic in our environment.

We have verified the compatibility matrix so it does run on Itanium.  I
am just trying to find out if anyone is doing it out there and if so,
how is it going.