Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Command to Produce client and version

2008-10-08 11:27:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Command to Produce client and version
From: "Jackson, Todd" <c-todd.jackson AT invitrogen DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 11:13:37 -0400
Thank you Ed !

From: Ed Wilts [mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 10:56 AM
To: Jackson, Todd
Cc: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

On a Solaris master, we use a combination of a shell script and awk to produce a csv file with the versions.  I'll paste the scripts here and leave it as an exercise for the reader on how to convert this to Windows.

When this runs, it needs to contact each client so it's not really quick.  Obviously if you have clients that aren't reachable at the time this runs, they'll be skipped although you will get an error to the screen.

[root@osiris bin]# cat get-client-versions.sh
#!/bin/sh

# Loop through all clients gathering the client version info

PATH=$PATH:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
export PATH

CLIENTS=/usr/openv/local/client-versions
OUT=/usr/openv/local/client-versions.csv

[ ! -d $CLIENTS ] && mkdir $CLIENTS

bpplclients -allunique -noheader | awk '{print $NF}' | \
while read client
do
  echo Client: $client
  bpgetconfig -s $client -L -A > $CLIENTS/$client
done

cd $CLIENTS
for f in *
do
  awk -f /usr/openv/local/bin/get-client-versions.awk $f
done > $OUT

[root@osiris bin]# cat get-client-versions.awk
/Platform/ {PLATFORM = $5}
/Client OS/ {OS = $5}
/Patch/ {print FILENAME "," $4 "," OS "," PLATFORM }