Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] IMAGE DB Client List

2008-10-06 20:40:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] IMAGE DB Client List
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 00:23:13 +0000
On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 04:45:07PM -0700, Jimenez, Daniel wrote:
> Dwayne
>
> Thanks for the response but what I am looking for is a listing of all
> the client names that are still in the Image.db that have been
> decommissioned from our environment. So they are no longer in any of
> our active or inactive policies but because we backed them up within
> the last year should still have information regarding that server in
> the database.

Run 'bpimagelist' with a start date as far back as you want to go, and
capture every client that is seen on an 'IMAGE' line.  Then compare that
list with your currently configured clients.

Should be pretty easy with 'awk', but I prefer 'perl', so you could use
something similar to this for the list of clients:

# bpimagelist -d 01/01/2000 -l | perl -ane '$c{$F[1]}++ if /^IMAGE/;
END {print join("\n",sort keys %c), "\n";}'

Depending on how big your catalog is, the 'bpimagelist' will take a long
time to run.
--
Darren