Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] cleaning tape label with L1 in it for LTO4 tape drives

2008-10-06 12:39:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] cleaning tape label with L1 in it for LTO4 tape drives
From: "Rönnblom Janåke /Teknous" <jan-ake.ronnblom AT skeria.skelleftea DOT se>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 18:17:03 +0200
Rongsheng Fang <unixlifebox AT gmail DOT com> writes:
Hi,

We have a bunch of FUJIFILM cleaning tapes what are good for
LTO1/2/3/4 tape drives. The label we got from our vendor is in
CLN001L1 format. My understanding is that the L1 tells the drive it's
a LTO1 type tape. If we put this label on the cleaning tape that
works with all LTO1/2/3/4, will the LTO4 tape drive work with it at
all? If not, what kind of label should we get?

Our ADIC i500 / DELL ML6000 robot cant use L1 cleaning labels
with our L4 drives. We use L2 cleaning labels for our robot when
we switched to L4 drives.

A workaround I did was to configure a LTO3 data label in NetBackup as an
cleaning tape. That allowed use to continue using the drives until the correct
cleaning labels arrived in the mail.

-J

Janåke Rönnblom
IT avdelningen, Teknous, Skellefteå Kommun
Assistentgatan 23
931 77 Skelleftea (Sweden)
Phone  : +46-910-58 54 24
Mobile : 070-397 07 43