Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HP Omniback vs Netbackup

2008-10-02 16:30:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HP Omniback vs Netbackup
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:07:25 -0400
What little experience I've had with Omniback tells me that it's not as fully
featured as NetBackup, but that it works really well for remote sites (one of
the reason's NetBackup came up with Pure Disk - to better compete in that area).

I'd suggest reading up as much as you can on Omniback, so you can explain the
differences, and tell give them specifics about how NetBackup is better.

Switching out a backup solutions is never a simple task either.  Believe me,
I've done it a few times.