Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup and VCB

2008-09-30 15:22:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup and VCB
From: "Leidy, Jason D" <Leidy.Jason AT con-way DOT com>
To: "Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:59:05 -0700
We recently integrated Netbackup 6.5.2 with VCB on a small scale (6 servers in 1 policy). We have 1 VCB Proxy, it is a Windows server (note: it is not a media server). So far so good. We'd like to move every vm over to the new "VCB Integration" backup method. We have about 150 windows virtual macines. I'm trying to figure out what to counters to monitor on the VCB Proxy as I begin to add more servers to my VCB backup method so I'll know if I need additional VCB Proxies or simply multiple policies that run at different times to avoid snapshot, network, or other resource issues. I'm looking for pointers on what counters to monitor or any advice from people who've implemented Netbackup with VCB.

Jason