Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 6.5 "FREEZING media Medium identifiers don't match"

2008-09-28 20:58:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 6.5 "FREEZING media Medium identifiers don't match"
From: schmaustech <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:38:53 -0400
I am having this issue with my StorageTek L700 with SDTL600 fiber drives.  The
issue is outlined in the following technote:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288474.htm

I attempted to get newer firmware for my StorageTek drives, but Sun says V43 is
the latest and the technote says to upgrade to V45 or greater.  Unfortunately I
cannot use the Quantum firmware directly on the STK branded Quantum drives.

I also tried downgrading to V41, however "move medium errors" at that level
caused my drives to constantly be downed by Netbackup.

The work around that is suggested in the technote does not appear to work
either as instructed.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or come up with a solution?

Is there any way to turn off the checking it is doing or update the media's
drive and serial number information in the EMM?

Regards,

Benjamin Schmaus