Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] No of LTO Tapes used for backups

2008-09-26 10:24:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] No of LTO Tapes used for backups
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Nardello, John" <john.nardello AT wamu DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:07:50 +0100
Thank you. Not sure if this is the right tool, but I am looking at the best way to size up a new library.
I use LTO2 x 12 drives and going for a SUN SL500 with a proposed 8 drives.

Environment runs 24 x 7. currently Library has 636 slots all in use. Of these, 60 - 70 can be used from scratch in a weekend.

Is there a good way to work out how many slots I could well need when going from 12 x LTO2 drives to a SL500 8 x LTO4 drives

Thanks in advance
Simon